The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Random thoughts

Where to begin...well last Saturday Tony finally got to detail the Focus while helping one of his friends detail his car, meanwhile I was being ripped from my comfort zone doing visiting teaching interviews. I must admit it was difficult for me to sit across much better women than I and ask them questions about things I'm not so great at myself, this calling is definitely pulling everything out of me!! I even had a couple issues come up that I was asked to work out, I feel so unqualified for this work, but I know(because our president reminds me constantly) that I was called of God, and it is part of his plan to mold me into the woman He wants and knows I can be. Here's hoping I'm not a let down! Tony got the Focus looking better than new, and it's always nice when he finds time to do things he enjoys!

Now I just thought I'd share some funny things I've noticed Elizabeth does, like for instance, If you have a "flip" cell phone and you give it to her closed she immediately hands it back to you to open, then plays with it for a bit, closes it and hands it to you to once again open. Also she has a bracelet that she hands to you (after a lot of wrong guesses I finally figured out) she want you to put it on her arm, as high up as you can get it, then she works on getting it off, once it's off she hands it to you again, and on and on it goes. And just recently she started finding her shoes and trying to put them on her feet, she doesn't of course but it's so cute to see her try! Oh and she now thinks just about everything is a phone, I took her temp yesterday(and she was a bit warm) after she took the thermometer and put it against her face like it was a phone! She's done the same thing with pens, and her comb, it's so cute! She's also learned that a doll should be in her stroller, so whenever she sees a doll or her stroller she makes sure there's a doll in it! She's getting so big and smarter by the day, she is so much fun to watch! I love her so very much, and am so very grateful for her and Tony in my life!!
Sorry there are no pics Elizabeth is having a freak out moment so I don't have time to attach any.

1 comment:

PrincessKatie said...

HOw cute is all the stuff she is doing. I guess she is already getting a mind of her own. How fun!