The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Monday, November 30, 2009

Life goes on great and good!

Well it's been a while, but I survived the worst week of my life! I was fortunate to be able to miscarry naturally at home, and everything seems to have gone smoothly and is over now. I thank everyone so much for their love, concern and support through this difficult time, it meant so very much to me. I'm really ok with it now that it's done and gone. I promised my Father in Heaven in a talk I gave in January that I would put my complete trust and faith in Him and HIS plan for me no matter what, and I can now see so very clearly why He inspired that talk for me! I don't know why He's chosen this path for me but I'm gripping His hand tightly with both of mine, and will "go where He wants me to go". I know He loves me and is leading me to the women He needs and knows I can be. I'm truly doing good because I have the Lord by my side, and that's all I'm going to say on that.

Well lets see since then I've had a nice visit with a good friend, and her cute little girl who gave Elizabeth a good lesson in sharing! I spent a great afternoon with a lifelong friend, in Happy Valley. Got out of the house with my mom while our new carpet was installed in the living room, which looks absolutely AMAZING!!! The room looks so much bigger now the carpet doesn't cut off at strange places. And there's nothing better than flipping a switch and having a light in the middle of the room come on! And the ceiling down there looks soooo much nicer! The whole room is just so enjoyable to be in now! The Friday we got our carpet in Elizabeth had her first sleep over with my parents so we could spend all Saturday doing much needed cleaning around our little place. She did so well, I was so happy and proud of her!
We hosted Thanksgiving for my family at my parents house, and man is it alot of work!! But it went off without a too much of a hitch and was a great success! Lots of yummy food, and great company what more could you ask for?! That night after getting everything put down and away, my mom and I looked over the Black Friday ads, and etched out a plan, and with some unexpected help from Tony we had great success!! And I only have two things left for Tony and my Christmas shopping is done!!(as Elizabeth is already done, also due to some unexpected help from Tony!) That night we stayed up at my parents to help finish up some things for the Canada tree we're doing for the Festival of Trees, we also did some work for it on Sat. then my parents helped us haul our Christmas stuff to our house(since we're storing it in their garage) And Sunday we got all ready for Christmas! We had considerably fewer decorations this year due to Elizabeth, and have the tree fenced off but it looks great anyway!! I LOVE the holiday season!!
Today I got up bright and early(actually it was pitch black since the sun wasn't up yet) at 6 am to get ready to go with my parents to decorating day for the Festival of Trees! It took about 6 hours to get done, but the tree looks amazingly Canadian!! It looks great! We did a sledding hill AND a pond for a hockey game! Lots of work but it's so worth it when you see the finished product, and we owe Primary Childrens! It's the least we can do for taking such good care of our little girl time and time again. Speaking of Primary Childrens...Elizabeth is going to see a specialist there about her lazy eye that was too bad for her pediatrician to attempt to treat. That new adventure awaits us in January!
Well I think that's about it for the update, I of course have lots of fun pictures but none of them are on the computer yet so I'll have to work on that and post them later!

1 comment:

PrincessKatie said...

I can't wait to see the tree I am going on Wed. I am glad to hear that you are surviving this rough time if you life. Hey do you knwo what Dr. you are taking her too? Hailey has a lazy eye and sees Dr Dries at PRimaries. Hes great. You'll hav eto let me know who she is seeing. We will be up there again this month! Goodl uck