Last week after getting back from our long weekend away, I got busy fast! Tuesday morning was preschool orientation for Devin. Wednesday was his preschool evaluation, which he scored very well on! He scored where they expect the four year olds to start, so YAY! GO DEVIN!! Thursday was my down day, and Friday was my 30th birthday! I woke up that morning to balloons and the birthday table runner on the table with a box of my favorite cereal, which I ate for breakfast! There was also a chocolate cake with fudge frosting! I did school for Elizabeth in the morning, and I could tell she was trying her hardest to be her best for me. Then my life saver cousin Mary came up and watched my kiddos while my mom took me to lunch at The Pizza Factory...which was delicious! We had a great time chatting, then we wandered Shopko and Hobby Lobby. I thoroughly enjoyed my break from my adorable kids! When I got home I let the kids watch a movie, while I had some alone time in the bedroom. :) When Tony got home we went to dinner at Cracker Barrel....which was soooo yummy!! After dinner we went to Micheal's and picked up some crafts for the kids, then we wandered Big Lots where we found a couple good deals. When we got home I opened a nice birthday card from my grandma and grandpa Walker, then the kids gave me their gifts. Elizabeth got me a book(with the help of her dad she got me an Anita Stansfield!) Devin got me peanut butter M&M's and a couple chocolates! Tony gave me my birthday present early, it was the 3rd season of Once Upon Time on DVD, which I've already watched through twice! It was a WONDERFUL birthday!
Saturday morning we went to Tooele to attend our niece Melina's baptism, but didn't stick around for the luncheon as Devin was having an off day, and Elizabeth had a stuffy nose. We came home and changed then my mom watched the kids while Tony and I helped my dad move their storage unit. After a few hours Tony's dad came and helped with the last few big things. Then we went home and cleaned our dirty sweaty selves up a bit, watched the first few minutes of the BYU game then went to Olive Garden for dinner, but the wait was going to be about an hour...and I knew my kids weren't going to wait that long, so we went over to The Brick Oven instead and it was a great 2nd choice to have my birthday dinner at! I had three bowls of different pasta and a pepperoni and olive pizza and even had a brownie sundae for dessert! And since it was my birthday it was free! Oh at home before dinner I opened Tony's parent's gift which was a three piece Sweet Pea Bath and Body Works set, and some cash, with a very sweet card. After dinner I opened my parent's gift which was a nice, soft purple jacket I'd been eying at Sam's Club, and some cash, also in a very sweet card! And Then I got Jen and Daniel's gift to me which was a Kohl's and Cracker Barrel gift cards in yet another very sweet card! What a great couple days!! Sunday my mom stayed home with our not sounding so great kids and Tony and I went and taught our primary class. Tony BBQ'd dinner and Jen and Daniel came up to join us, the kids had a great time playing outside! Monday(yesterday) was Devin's first day of Developmental Preschool, and though he wasn't excited at first once we were at the school he perked up a lot! Liz and I came home and did her school then went and picked Devin up, and as we were walking through the hall I heard Devin screaming, completely out of control. They said he'd been great up until they put his backpack on, which seriously upset him. I went to pull Marshall(his stuffed dog) out of his backpack but it wasn't there so I turned it over and notice his name wasn't on the bottom. You see there was another little boy who had the exact same backpack and his mom dropped him off but his dad picked him up so he didn't know to double check, and accidentally took Devin's backpack and somehow Devin knew it right away! Since Devin was obviously not going to be ok waiting til Wednesday to fix it, they got on the phone right away and luckily they hadn't gone far, so they turned around and came back to the school to switch backpacks, restoring the goodness in the world again for Devin. Other than that Devin said he had a very fun first day, talking about the letter o and an octopus, and something about a mirror and of course playing on the playground! The rest of the day was typical.
Devin's first day of Developmental Preschool Pictures!
I tried so hard to get him to look at the camera with no success...but he did smile at least!
At the school, in front of the fun board!
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment