The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Monday, May 2, 2016

Bunny Day, Easter, and the Last Week of March!

Ok so let me finish up the last week of March....or at least what I can remember of it! ;) Let's see, Friday the 25th I joined some of our neighbors at the church and our kids had an indoor easter egg hunt with good friends! It was lots of fun! Saturday was Bunny Day and as I recall it was a busy day. The kids woke up to find their unique "baskets" filled with fun things to do mostly outside! Then I hurried off to the IHC clinic up the street to get my blood work done from my physical. I HATE getting my blood drawn! I have teeny tiny veins, that are deep and that roll, so I almost ALWAYS get poked multiple times and have needles digging in my arm....it's just not fun. This time however I had an all time worst experience. The first poke came and then the digging and the next thing I'm screaming as sharp extreme pain is shooting up my arm! Turns out she nicked a nerve!! Oh my gosh! Pain of all pain!! She stuck a bandaid on my bleeding arm, then threw an ice pack on, which helped a little. They then gave me a pain reliever, and she poked me two more times then finally slowly but surely got the blood needed. I couldn't use my left arm for three days! Not cool!! My mom did her usual amazing egg hunt. baskets and ham and cheesey potato lunch. All of which was fantastic! I think we did some storage unit stuff this day.....I know we did some get ready to move stuff anyhow. Easter Sunday we did some organizing and cleaning. The kids watch Veggie Tales An Easter Carol. That evening we went to Tony's parents' house and had dinner and another Easter egg hunt! It was a great Easter! Monday I went back to the eye doctor, and confirmed the diagnosis of Glaucoma, he gave me a prescription for drops to put in each eye every night. He's going to start with one drop in each eye then in a couple months they'll check the pressures in my eyes and see if it needs to increase more. The next day I had yet another dr's appointment. Thursday both kids got their hair cut, then of course we stopped by my grandparents' house to visit with them. And that's March for ya!

 The Easter "baskets"!










Nana's egg hunt!!













Nana's "baskets"!









Fun games while we wait for lunch!






Lizzy doing an Easter version of the Hokey Pokey! She is so silly and cute!!


Bunny Day lunch!! MMMmmmmmm!
 The kids helped Nana decorate the bunny cake!




Easter egg hunt #3 at grandma and grandpa's!



 Oh how I love our little poser!! :)
 Finding eggs is hard work!;)

 She got a bit distracted by the cute doggies!


 The kids in their Easter clothes....Devin wasn't in the mood for pics.





No comments: