The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just getting ready for baby

So the past couple weeks have been relatively uneventful. My blood pressure is once again not where it should be, so I'm seeing my OB weekly and have started doing NSTs (non stress tests) twice a week to keep tabs on my pending pre-ecclampsia but for now everything seems fine, just trying to stay away from having to go on bedrest. Last weekend Elizabeth and I went up to my parents house after my NST to spend Friday and Saturday with my mom, while my dad helped Tony redo some things in the kids room. We took down the butterfly border and repainted the walls, it's quite the color pallet in there now! Elizabeth's wall is still purple and yellow, but the front and back walls are now green and yellow, and Devin's wall is blue and yellow, it's a lot of colors but I really like how it turned out! We replaced the wallpaper boarder with a 3 inch wood one painted creme, it looks sooo good! My mom and I found a pattern for a whole crib set at Joanns a few weeks ago and they just happened to have all the coordinating fabrics as well, so it was meant to be, and my mom graciously agreed to sew another bedding set. Complete with comforter, crib bumper, sheet, crib skirt and three wall hangings! It is the cutest thing ever! I absolutely love it!! When we get everything put together we'll take pictures so you can see! This weekend we're doing the same thing again so the guys can redo some things in the kids bathroom, like replace the floor, the vanity, paint the frame on the mirror, smooth and paint the walls, oh and put baseboards in. That'll be such a nice project to have done!! Other than that we've just been doing other little things to get ready for baby, we've made room for him in the bedroom and the closet, I'm going to start washing his clothes next week and put them back in the closet.
Oh I started re potty training Elizabeth last week and it's going pretty well, she's only had a handful of accidents and some of them are more my fault for not paying attention, but she still struggles going for anyone but Tony and I, but other than that I'm very optimistic that she's on the right track and will get it all put together again in no time! Well I think that's really about it sorry there are no pics, there will be next time I promise!

No comments: