Thursday, March 3, 2011
Another episode and more
So it's 3 am and I can't sleep at all. So I figured I'd post about life since I won't have the chance again probably for a while. Lets see where to begin...well since Valentines Day not a whole lot has been going on, so I'll just get straight to the episode. Last Wednesday I had my weekly OB appointment, and I hadn't been feeling very well for a few days. I was more dizzy than usual, and I felt weak and just really crappy. Well we went to the appointment in the morning and by the time we got there I didn't look or sound good, even the receptionist noticed so they got me right back and I couldn't seem to walk or talk very well. Needless to say I scared to death my poor nurse and she got my OB right away. We sat in a room while my OB made lots of calls and then we were sent to the ER to be looked at by the Neurologist who saw me back in October. While we were in the ER it was decided that I should just go Labor and Delivery, so I was discharged from the ER before I was admitted to L&B so when they came to take me for my MRI I was lost in the system. I got settled in L&B and had the nicest nurse ever! Finally radiology found me and took me to get the MRI done which took just under an hour, and I thought I was going to die of discomfort and lack of air, and when I came out my oxygen was way low so they put that awful nose thing in to help. This was also the first time I've ever had to use a bedpan, not cool. I literally forgot how to pee, but after a long while I accomplished the task. I was admitted to the hospital(in the womens center this time) around 7 pm. Thursday was bad very bad. I've never felt so close to dead before. I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything until I passed a swallow test which the speech therapist did, so while waiting for her I was beyond totally parched, and absolutely starving, and to boot no matter how hard I tried I just could not breathe, or speak it was so frustrating! Thursday I saw the occupational therapist, the speech therapist, and the Physical therapist for a bit anyway cause while he was there the neurologist came in and dropped the bomb on us that all this may be caused by MS, and she was ordering yet another MRI this time of as much of the spine as they could see. This MRI did me in completely, it was the final straw for my body. It was just over an hour long and I couldn't bare it. I all but passed out as soon as they pulled me out. I was in tears the entire time, and I couldn't breathe even with the help of oxygen. That evening as a side affect of the steroids they were giving me through IV I had an anxiety attack. It was awful...luckily they were expecting it so they had the needed prescription already on hand. Friday the contractions started and by that night they were hard and close, so they hooked me up to the monitor then checked my cervix which was still closed. By Saturday I was up and moving and it was becoming much easier to speak, and Sunday evening they let me go home. However I was still having contractions and by Sunday night they were so bad we had to go back to Labor and Delivery. After being put on the monitor it was clear these were serious contractions as most of them were off the chart, and my back was just constantly tight. So they checked my cervix again and couldn't believe it was still closed. So they gave me internal and external muscle relaxers and sent me home again, and by yesterday the contractions pretty much subsided. So Today we went back to my OB and my blood pressure was way too high, and my feet and legs are super swollen, so my OB told us she was trying to decide what to do, basically how long to wait to take this little guy by C-section, luckily I had a NST right after my appointment so she told them to take three blood pressures and call her after, well my BP didn't look any better through the whole test, so we were told she was going to do the C-section tomorrow(now technically today) at 7:30 am, and in all honesty we were all very relieved! And that is why I can't sleep. I'm excited to finally meet this little guy, and get to hold him and see him and all, but at the same time I just got out of the hospital where they exhausted my veins, the bruises and pokes are still clear as day, the last IV they did in L&B they had to put in my thumb as that was all that was left. So I'm scared to death if they're even going to be able to get an IV in me again. And then there's the epidural...I've never had it successfully done in less than three tries which is beyond painful. So for now I'm just trying to focus on finally getting to meet my son. Well that's about it I'll throw these pics on just for fun(the next pictures on here will finally be of Devin!) enjoy!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Good luck, Jess! I am praying that everything will go/went smoothly for you and the little one!
Oh my goodness it has been an eventful week for you! I hope that you are surviving and can't wait to see the little guy! I hope the MRI will help the DOC's figure out what is going on with your body>
Post a Comment