Ok I know what you're thinking (even if your not, you are now!), just another week?! What about Devin's 2nd birthday?!! Never fear I'm going to do another post with all the fun things we did for his birthday! This post is about all the other stuff we did last week. :)
So lets see, Monday was FHE of course and I was really looking forward to it, as the lesson was on the sacrament(Elizabeth has been kinda struggling with being reverent during that time). It was a really good lesson and I felt like she got a lot out of it. I really felt like she understood the importance of the sacrament and that it would help her be more reverent during it on Sunday(fast forward to Sunday...during the sacrament song Elizabeth was being anything but reverent, she wasn't listening to our pleas to sit on the bench reverently, so she and I ended up out in the side foyer, sitting on folding chairs talking about it again....*sigh* maybe next week...) her defiant stage(oh how I hope it's a stage!)has been really frustrating and trying on us lately. Tuesday was dance and tumbling which Elizabeth is really loving and I'm so glad! I was worried she'd miss The Little Gym, but I think she's just glad to be doing a fun...activity class again! Wednesday afternoon we drove down to Taylorsville to have Janel cut Devin's hair as it was is desperate need of cutting! Then we picked up Tony at his work went to dinner at Arctic Circle where the kids could play for a while. Then we went to Tony's brother Matt's house so he could do our taxes, Elizabeth enjoyed playing with her cousin Keira and really enjoyed playing with her fun toys! Devin did as well! Thursday was the Blue and Gold Banquet, our first activity as newly called Bear leaders! We had the most delicious food! It was a tropical theme so we all got leis to wear and one of the men in the ward smoked pork and it was soooo good! Fun Friday we had a pajama morning, which the kids were totally excited about when I told them! After we got dressed we went to the backyard to play and Devin was not at all ok with that idea...he screamed the entire time, so I eventually just brought him back inside and I calmed him down...so calm that he fell asleep in my arms, I must admit I loved it! Elizabeth played outside until lunch time. Then I got her Light Bright(that she got from her good friend Liza for her birthday....and we're now just getting around to enjoying it!) she loved it! We'll definitely be doing that more often! Saturday we got Devin's 2nd birthday pictures...or I should say attempted, and worked really hard to get some good birthday pictures as he was not handling it well AT ALL! The original plan was to get Devin's birthday pics then change the kids into their adorable Sunday Easter clothes and get some Easter pictures like we did last year....but Devin was not on board with our plan. So when Devin freaked out five minutes into his photo shoot Tony took him to calm him down and I got Elizabeth into her Easter dress and we got lots of adorable pictures of her! Then when Devin was calmed down and the photographer now believed me that getting Devin to look at the camera was the LEAST of my worries we managed to get some more fun pictures for his birthday. Consequently we scheduled an appointment for next Saturday to hopefully get some cute ones of them together and of just Devin in Easter attire. Then we came home put Devin down for his nap, and had lunch.(Devin fell asleep on the way home) Just after we got home Eric and Jen knocked on our door and we visited with them while they waited for my parents to get home. Tony got Elizabeth's pet net put up so we could finally unpack all her stuffed animals.(Elizabeth was in heaven!) Then he went and got the tires rotated on the Pilot(as needed to keep the warranty on them valid) he went to Lowes and got some things he needed to do some things around here. Came home and checked off quite a few things on his "Honey Do List" Go Tony!....and this is where we'll end! Til' the next birthday post!
Dress up fun! I love how Elizabeth has her Snow White dress on...a summer hat...a glove...a mitten...and one snow boot! Devin was content with just his "go cougs" hat.
Fun Friday pj morning...the kids have gotten into the nasty habit of doing this..
So I have to keep telling them to do this...
Elizabeth dancing to the music!
Playing/screaming outside
Elizabeth being grumpy about having to pump herself on the swings because mommy can't push her while dealing with Devin.
Just playing
Then Devin and I gave up on being outside
Fun with the Lite Bright!!
Elizabeth "helping" with Sunday dinner
Monday, March 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment