The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Monday, March 23, 2015

St. Patrick's Day and Such!

Monday was a typical day, school in the morning, outside play after that, lunch, nap, some screen time, then Elizabeth's theater class, come home, play til dinner then play til bedtime. Tuesday was St. Patrick's day and I dragged Devin to preschool kicking and screaming convinced Devin to go to preschool, which had it's ups and downs. He loved the leprechaun paper bag puppet he made, but the green milk got thrown across the room and the green crackers threw him into a meltdown until they offered him a cookie with blue frosting. Elizabeth had a hard time with school, holidays are just so tough on her anxiety. After picking Devin up from preschool and having lunch we did some more of her school while Devin napped, and she finally finished it up. After Devin's nap they went outside and played for a bit while a sneaky leprechaun left shamrock clues to find his pot of gold. Elizabeth insists on this tradition even though she stated quite matter of factly that "leprechauns are not real it's actually you who puts up the clues and hides the pot of gold, just pretending to be a leprechaun!" They do have so much fun with the little treasure hunt though, so it's more than worth it.  Then we did some St. Patty's day crafts and coloring. Then it was screen time, play time, dinner time more playing then bed. Wednesday was a typical day, we even made it to Bravo classes! Thursday Devin begged to go to the homeschool co-op instead of preschool so I gave in and let him come with us. I stayed in his class and he did pretty good! He even played with another little boy about his age a little bit. He wouldn't give up a play phone at all during play time, but I'll take what I can get. During gym time he would only play with a blue ball and freaked out if any of the other kids took or even touched it. We tried to get him to pass it back and forth with one of the other little boys but he just freaked out and I think scared the little boy cause he didn't want to play pass with him anymore. :/ Devin freaked out a little when one of the teachers tried to give him fruit snacks too, but came out of it when I told him they had goldfish crackers. He spilled a little bit of his water from his dixie cup on his pants and totally lost it. I had to take him out for this one. But once he calmed down he had fun playing until it was over. Elizabeth reported having a GREAT time! We weren't able to  meet up and play with our "play group" of friends because they were meeting at the same time we needed to leave for Elizabeth's OT. I dropped Devin off with Mary then took Liz to her OT session which went very well. We came home played til dinner then played til bedtime. Friday was school then outside play, lunch while watching a short movie, nap, then lots more play inside and out until Tony came home with pizza for dinner. After dinner we let Devin sleep over in Liz's room as we promised we'd let them have a sleepover. They loved it, and had so much fun, and even actually slept well! Saturday Tony worked in the yard for a bit while the kids played outside. We ran some errands, I finally got my hair chopped, then we went to the dollar store so the kids could pick out a few prizes to earn with their new good behavior charts(as suggested by Liz's OT) Then we went to Smith's to do a little grocery shopping and we bought more Girl Scout cookies after as well! We came home put the groceries away, went to Lowe's so Tony could get a couple things he needed for his yard projects picked up lunch and ate it at home. Jen came up after lunch and helped in the yard while the kids had fun playing together. Until Devin overloaded and melted down in his room for a while. Then Elizabeth came in and said she wanted a break too so I let them watch Bolt in her room. Which helped them both settle down and recharge a bit. Then they were back out playing for a little bit. Devin didn't last too long though and so I let him play the new Leap TV games we bought on sale online. It's so nice because they just download to the device! The kids played those until dinner was ready. Jen and Daniel joined us for dinner as well. Jen and I looked through a catalog of great organization stuff for a party Ketty was hosting and we both purchased a few things. After dinner and some more visiting Jen and Daniel went home and the kids had another sleepover his Liz's room. Sunday Tony was very productive, the kids played a lot both inside and out. I watched a lot of Parenthood on Netflix.....such a great day! After dinner we watched Meet the Robinson's for family movie night and called it a week!

The kids in their St Patty's Day outfits my mom got for them!







Devin's leprechaun puppet :)


Following the clues to the pot of gold!


Shamrock craft from Grandma!





Look and find coloring sheet also from Grandma




Little St Patty's Day gift from Nana! (I added a clover necklace for both of them)










Sleepover in Liz's room!

No comments: