The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Monday, August 7, 2017

Devin's 6th Birthday!

After we got back from the Disneyland trip we kept it real low key. We didn't even really do anything for Valentines Day....at least I didn't take any pictures. On the 16th of February I had surgery to put tubes back in my ears as they just can't seem to drain on their own and I keep getting really bad ear infections. My left eardrum is so scarred that it presented a serious challenge to my ENT to place the tube! He did manage to get it though. Unfortunately at my follow up appointment all the infection wasn't gone yet so I had to go back. When I did they re-tested my hearing and the lack of improvement was disappointing....so hearing aids are still in my future.  I didn't have much better appointments at the eye dr. My glaucoma was slightly worse in my right eye. It was also discovered that I have a complex type of astigmatism in my right eye which sometimes makes my vision blur when trying to focus. There isn't much that can be done about it though. The 25th we temporarily moved to my parents' basement while the 5th wheel was in the shop getting some things fixed and getting a washer and dryer installed.......YAY!!

On March 3rd our beautiful boy turned SIX years old! We couldn't believe our baby boy is growing up soooo fast!! We love our sweet boy so very much!! I can't imagine our life or family without him! He requested to have a Secret Life of Pets party.....so we did! :)  We also went to McDonald's for dinner per his request.

When it's your birthday you get to have a chocolate doughnut with every meal!
 Pin the tail on Max


 Bingo!
 Watching The Secret Life of Pets of course!
 Opening presents!




 They had the play place to themselves for a while....what a great birthday for Devin!



 Talking to grandma and grandpa on the phone with his new Elana of Avelor doll.
 Party with Nana, Papa, Aunt Jenn and Daniel.
 Lizzy helped him read the card.
 He was so happy to get Magic Tracks from Nana! I'm so happy she made a bag to put them in!


No comments: