The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Thursday, October 27, 2011

So Much Going On!

Where to start...well...last week Elizabeth started a kindergarten curriculum and workbooks, and I'm super impressed with her progress...I'm teaching her about concepts and such I didn't even teach my 4 and 5 year old preschoolers she just love to learn about new things and she catches onto things so much faster than I ever expect! It's alot fun when I'm not feeling overwhelmed with keeping her pace. Devin is back to normal and is off his acid reflux medications!! It's so nice!! He's getting teeth like crazy, he's up to 5 now(3 on top 2 on bottom)!! He had a really tough go of it the end of last week as one of his top teeth was coming in right under a sore in his mouth from his thrush, it was so very sad, and he let us know every second! Luckily it's through and the sore is gone so life is good again! He's still showing no signs of actual crawling but he does kinda get around on the floor...mostly in a backwards direction or sideways, but he still manages to make some pretty good messes and get to Elizabeth's things which she's not real fond of. Last Saturday we had Holbrook family pictures(as Elizabeth was like 4 months old in our last ones and Devin and Jen have since joined the family my mom thought it was time). We had our favorite photographer Sarah Hatch do them so I know they turned out great! Our kids were anything but cooperative. Devin still wasn't feeling well so he was crying alot, Elizabeth just doesn't like to be told what to do, and she's only good for a couple pictures anyway after that she's done and all over! Luckily there was plenty of time and space for her to run around. After pictures we went to El Matador for lunch which I'm sure was good, but I haven't been able to smell or taste anything for over a week now so...I honestly have no clue how it tasted. Then we went over to Eric and Jen's place so Eric could help Tony figure out what was up with his jump drive...turns out its fried :( and of course Tony never did a back up on it, luckily there was nothing irreplaceable on it. Jen and I had a nice visit while Elizabeth checked out all their cool stuff. Then we went up to my parents house so Tony could help my dad get some bags of salt for their water softener.
Elizabeth is really into Snow White right now and wanted to be her for Halloween and no matter how we tried to talk her out of it she wouldn't budge so luckily she...yes SHE found a cheep ten dollar dress at Walmart and I found some cute slipper shoes and bow off Amazon(which we have gift cards for...thank you Swagbucks!) She slept in that dress every night for quite a while, and was thrilled with the whole ensemble...since then though Tony's parents brought her new BYU cheerleader outfit(as the other one was surprisingly too small!)and she's back on track to be a cheerleader for Halloween again! Which I'm thrilled about cause Devin is going to be a BYU football player and they're going to look so adorable together! She still loves Snow White and she'll tell you she's her favorite princess and that she likes to dress like her and sing like her...just not for Halloween ;)*YAY!* Monday night Elizabeth decorated her pumpkin and I decorated Devin's(Tony and I are going to carve ours closer to Halloween) she did awesome with it! And is very proud of her "Halloween pumpkin". Tuesday her new glasses were ready so we went and got them. Ellen meticulously fit them to her head and eyes and they work sooooo much better! They're definitely not as cute but it's far more important they are helping...not hurting her eyes. And she's ok without her "pretty princess glasses" cause we told her when she's older she can wear them again. She even told me later that day "I can see so much better now! These are really good glasses!" too cute! Last night we made cupcakes...I meant to make cake mix cookies but wasn't thinking and just started following the cake box instructions so we just made cupcakes instead! And today Elizabeth and I had fun decorating them! I frosted them and Elizabeth put the sprinkles on. Fun times! Well that's it for now, enjoy the pictures!
































No comments: