The Johnston Family

The Johnston Family

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Made it to Helena! And 6 Months Old!!

Friday afternoon we jam packed the Pilot with all our stuff and drove up to my parents house in Clearfield to spend the night. We got up this morning at 5 am and got going in the motorhome at 5:50 am! We drove for a few hours then pulled off for a potty break and breakfast, then it was back on the road again. We drove for a few more hours then stopped at a "park" in Lima MO. for lunch and let Elizabeth run around and play for a bit. Then we were off once again, for a couple more hours til we stopped to get gas and go potty and WIGGLE!! Then we set off on our last stretch to here...Helena Montana! Where we're spending the night, luckily we only have about half as far to go tomorrow! Elizabeth has done much better in the motorhome this year...I'd like to think that has something to do with the fact that I've made daily "traveling days" packets with a new book, movie, coloring book, activity, and toy or game of sorts. We loaded up the MP3 player with some fun CD's we checked out from the library, and I stayed pretty much on her normal schedule, and if I do say so myself it worked like a charm!! Devin was good, he just slept off and on and played with me a bit in between!
Also today Devin is six months old!! Half a year...can you believe it!!! I can't! He's got two teeth fully through now(one popped up last night) and still one corner of one still working its way up. He LOVES to make all kinds of noises, and he's really into spitting right now which is cute on him...not so much when Liz copies him! He's a rolling pro...and is getting closer to the crawling thing but I'm hoping he'll hold off for a while yet! He loves to eat, and is so good with it. He can sit up all by himself for a while but still topples quite often. His grip and control are really good...I'm impressed with it! I weighed him yesterday and he was 17.2 pounds(which is down ever so slightly from about 3 weeks ago but we're hoping that getting his reflux under control will help that. Devin's smile absolutely melts your heart into a puddle! I LOVE IT!!! It makes everything better! He smiles all the time!! We sure love our little our guy!!!























No comments: